Wednesday, January 23, 2013

We've pulled the trigger

And there's no going back....not that I want to!  The fact that I can even say that is a complete miracle.  13 days ago we started the IVF process, and it has been an uphill battle the entire way.  I thought about updating you all earlier on, but it has been so touch and go that I didn't know what to say.  The few friends and family that were in on the updates were probably confused by my twice a day texts that would completely contradict each other!  But they were so supportive and encouraging each time - I could not have made it through this week without them.  All I can say about this is that God has been faithful.  Every sonogram I had, we didn't know if I would progress to the next one.  I have prayed more, cried more, wrestled with God more in the last week than in my entire life.  And He has come through with answered prayer each time we needed it.

To break down the specifics, I needed four good sized follicles for the doctor to proceed with doing an egg retrieval.  On Tuesday, if I didn't have those follicles, he would cancel this cycle.  By the grace of God my body came through for me, and last night I gave myself a "trigger shot" to prepare for egg retrieval, which will happen tomorrow morning.  (I had about six other follicles that weren't quite big enough, but we are praying that they mature as well before tomorrow.)  We were so excited to reach that milestone!!  Last time around I only had two tiny follicles, so this is a great improvement!  I had Seth pull up songs entitled "Trigger" and I was dancing in the kitchen!  They were all mostly completely awful songs, but it was such a relief to just be happy for a night after all the stress of the last couple of weeks. 

Now we need PRAYER for healthy eggs to be retrieved, to fertilize, and to grow into healthy embryos.  If that happens, we will do the embryo transfer next week.  I am trying to take it one step at a time, which is literally all we've been able to do so far.  I am believing God for a miracle.  If not this month, then next month, and if not then, to know and trust that He is good.  My brother prayed for me at Christmas that we would see the goodness of the Lord this January, and if not, that we would STILL see the goodness of the Lord.  That has been my cry. 

I'll give an update tomorrow to let you all know how things went. 

No comments:

Post a Comment