Thursday, September 12, 2013

35 weeks!

Apparently I've been a little too quiet for some people's liking, so I thought I'd drop in a quick update for everyone. :)  I've been home for a week now, which is a thousand times better than being in the hospital, but it's still bedrest!  The days are long and boring, and it's reeeeeally difficult not to putter around the house and take care of all the chores that I see undone.  Seth has reprimanded me more than a few times for being too active!  I'm trying to be good though, because we need to make it one more week to truly be in the safe zone.  I saw my doctor on Tuesday and she said once I hit 36 weeks I can discontinue all my medications (I'm currently taking 3 different oral meds, 6 times throughout the day and night to keep the contractions at bay).  Then we'll just let nature take its course!  I'm anxious to see what my body does once I stop the meds, because even on them I still get some pretty intense contractions that sometimes go on for hours.  Hopefully that means the little guy will come quickly and easily once we give him the ok! Although I have a feeling I'm going to be that person who went into preterm labor and then ends up going past her due date......let's hope not!!  But we should probably buy a carseat now don't you think?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment